Abby tagged me for this and here are my six quirks...
1. I love small boxes! (Staci's gonna love this one...) For some reason I have this fascination with cute little boxes. I like them especially if they're a pretty color or when they're covered in fancy fabrics. My 3 favorites--a blue Tiffany's box that my sister Jenna gave me (because she knew about this weird obsession), a little little tiny tiny jewelry holder that I got for 2 euro in Italy (it's barely big enough to hold 1 ring or a pair of stud-type earrings, but it's gold and has pretty paisley on the top), and my last favorite is a velvet/silky plum-colored box that came with my Euphoria perfume. It's a little larger than most of my boxes, but it really is beautiful and it sits on my nightstand...holding about 7 other small boxes.
2. I never feel like I can be blonde enough. It got pretty bad at one point, to where I got pretty demanding with the girl(s) that would highlight my hair, telling them I don't care if it looks natural, I just want my whole head to be blonde (without having to bleach the whole thing). The poor girls would do it, and then the next day I would still complain that I wanted it blonder and my sisters and roommates would have to assure me that I was already blonde enough. Don't worry though, I've gotten much better now... In fact, I was almost convinced that maybe I should go dark (for the winter...you know how people do that...) but I just couldn't do it and thank goodness, because...I love being blonde!
3. MASCARA. I don't know about other girls, but I looooooove putting my makeup on every morning! And trust me, it's not because I'm insecure or whatever, but I just love using all the different brushes, pencils, colors, etc...it's like a little art project every morning! My most favorite though is definitely the mascara. There's just so many different kinds and I love how different types of wands/brushes do different things. I used to use 4 or 5 different mascaras each day when applying my makeup...but now I'm at 2 or 3...big improvement. And you'd think my eyelashes would look better since I put so much effort into them, right? I wish!
4. My excessive scheduling could probably be considered a quirk. I ran it past Aaron and he definitely agreed. I'm not sure why I do it, since most of the time I don't even keep the schedule because other things come up or I lose my productivity momentum. I think it's some kind of therapeutic thing for me, like it helps me feel like I have more control of my life. Sometimes on Sundays I schedule every 15 minutes of my entire week, and then throughout the week I schedule my days again, even if I'm writing down the exact same thing! When Aaron and I were first dating I was too embarrassed to show him my little schedule notebook because I didn't want him to think I was some kind of crazy person. We're definitely past that now, and my excessive scheduling is definitely the least of his worries when it comes to why I'm some kind of crazy person. :)
5. I judge a guy based on what kind of shoes he wears. Back in my single days, it would be the first thing I look at on a guy (other than his face obviously). And when a roommate would tell us about a boy she met or a boy she's interested in, the first question I would always ask is: "What shoes does he wear?" And then when they would answer, "Well, I don't know, I don't look at the shoes," I would be secretly appalled and wonder how they could ever decide if the guy is worth it or not if they don't know what shoes he wears???? I still don't understand it to this day, and all I have to say is...Aaron wears good shoes, I'm a lucky girl because of it, and I think every guy should own 12 pairs of Vans just like him!
6. Last, but definitely not least...I have an extremely high tolerance for sugar and desserts. I don't eat chocolate and I very very rarely drink soda, but for some reason I could just eat desserts all day. And I'm a big sucker for brown sugar--like I put it on anything I can think of. The other day I had saltines with peanut butter and sprinkled brown sugar on top. Pretty good! If I could choose I would eat desserts and baked goods for every meal of the day in a heartbeat. I don't want to go too much into this because to be honest, I'm really not proud of it, so I'll just leave it at that! :)
Thanks Abby! I've had way too much fun with this! :) I tag....