[click photo to enlarge]
back in august i did a post on 5 ways to eat an avocado, and since Thanksgiving is next week i thought it would be fun to do something similar for one of my favorite Fall vegetables--the spaghetti squash. i love how versatile spaghetti squash is, and i am always amazed at how just a few simple ingredients can taste so good together.
i've never met a squash i didn't like, but unfortunately they are my husband's least favorite vegetable. [?!] he's been traveling for work a lot lately though, so i've had a lot of chances to get my squash fix, as i'm sure you can tell. :) these are 9 of my favorite ways to eat a spaghetti squash....
1. sauteed shallots + roasted grape tomatoes.
2. sun-dried tomatoes + fresh spinach.
3. pesto + avocado.
4. fresh lemon juice + butter + shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
5. cooked kale + toasted pine nuts + shaved parm cheese.
6. butter + butternut squash.
7. lemon/olive oil dressing + capers + prosciutto.
8. pumpkin pasta sauce + sweet & savory pumpkin seeds + shaved parm cheese.
9. grilled asparagus, carrots, and lemon + lemon/olive oil dressing.
**these are all made up of basically all my favorite foods, but butternut squash seriously tastes like candy to me, so i think #6 would have to be my favorite....with #3 a very close second. :)